I am trying my best to be polite but if you move that knife a centimeter closer to me I will tear you apart" Richa screamed at the top of her lungs for the umpteenth time that day, but I was helpless.Her bouts of Schizophrenia had increased in intensity over the years and recently she began to hurt herself.“It is high time that you should admit her to the hospital ,Varun” Dr. Mehta said entering the room,he was the doctor treating Richa and lately he had also been forcing me to admit her in the hospital.I felt very sad seeing once a aspiring architect,beautiful bubbly girl now
lying exhausted on table of the examination room.
Memories are still fresh of the day when she and her three friends were going for a seminar.All very happy and cheerful.But later that day news shook the ground of my feet.Some miscreants had abducted the car.Her friends had been killed in cold blood in front of her eyes.For three days they raped her and then left her dying.She was found later by some laborers and rushed to hospital.Her physical wounds healed over time but the scars were still afresh.
My thoughts receded as I saw her coming two attendants carrying her, I stood up and took her in my arms gently letting her lean on me,but I knew she was afar in the lands of sorrow battling alone and I wished could bring her back.
“Doctor,before admitting can I take her to Musoorie once it was her favorite place”
“I should advise against it but You may take her there, perhaps Nature will do her some good.”
We had been in Musoorie for the last five days yet she had not spoken a single word.That was our last day there.She was sitting on the bench her eyes set on things faraway.Then I heard the voice I was dying to hear“Varun will you please sit with me” I stood speechless for a few sec before sitting near her.For years,Hope had kept us alive hope had kept us together and I hope In a few months she comes back..............................
.
No comments:
Post a Comment